With blistering heat throughout the summer, it can be hard to nurture a garden unless you know which plants to cultivate. Fortunately, Arizona’s heat doesn’t prevent gorgeous plants from flourishing.
Today, we are going to highlight a handful of plants that thrive during Arizona’s summer season.
Build a Beautiful Garden
The key to a successful gardening experience in Arizona is to plan ahead. Filling your garden with plants that will both bloom in spring and thrive in summer can be hard, but that doesn’t mean the process is impossible.
Here are a few of our favorite summertime plants that thrive during Arizona’s more extreme heat.
- Lavender – One of our favorite relaxing herbs, lavender does well with high levels of sun exposure. Growable just about anywhere in the state, lavender requires good sun exposure as well as healthy water drainage. Consider mixing in perlite or coco coir within your garden to ensure proper drainage.
- Hibiscus – A show-stopper in the tropics, this gorgeous flower blossoms into a rainbow of different colors including purple, white, green, red, pink, and orange. Native to hotter climates, hibiscus will thrive in your Arizona yard.
- Globe Amaranth – These unique purple bulbed flowers thrive in full sun, spaced roughly 6″ to 12″ apart from one another. You can start these flowers indoors from seed before transplanting them in March. They will bloom from April to October.
- Lantana – Once considered a weed, this tough plant loves sunlight and highly moist soil. Forgiving enough to survive droughts, the Lantana plant will both attract pollinators and repel mosquitos, making it an excellent addition to just about any yard in the state of Arizona!
Landscape Your Way With Think Green AZ
Based in Scottsdale, AZ, Think Green AZ is an Award-Winning Design Firm that is staffed by true leaders in the industry. Focusing on compassionate and customer-focused service, Think Green adheres to the highest level of quality standards, producing better and more reliable results for clients throughout the region.
Think Green AZ is your all-in-one stop for landscaping your home or business this summer. Here is a short look at how the design process may play during your service.
- Complimentary Design Consultation – Begin with a free consultation alongside a professional designer.
- Budget Discussions – Once an understanding of the scope of your project has been found, Think Green AZ will deliver ideas and suggestions to fit your budget and goals.
- 3D Design Studio – Once a plan has been laid out between designer and contractor, Think Green AZ will develop a full-color 3D rendering of your desired space.
Don’t hesitate when it comes time to landscape your home in Arizona. Call Think Green, AZ!